Wed, Apr 12|
TAP Centre for Creativity
Glitter Nights: Queer Joy Edition
Glitter Nights is an arts community space centering the experiences of queer and/or BIPOC individuals, though all are welcome to attend.
Time & Location
Apr 12, 2023, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
TAP Centre for Creativity, 203 Dundas St, London, ON N6A 1G4, Canada
About The Event
Glitter Nights in London started in late 2021 in a private living room to create a space for BIPOC and/or queer youth to reflect and create art in a safe environment. The purpose of these gatherings is to foster a community space to discuss topics of self-reflection and what it is like to navigate the world with our intersecting marginalized identities. TAP is proud to support space and an inclusive place for this session of Glitter Nights.
QUEER JOY EDITION: This session will be centered around the topic of Queer Joy. There will be two art/journaling activities along with some space for open communication and connection-development between attendees.
We may talk about topics that are especially hard or overwhelming for some people. To avoid making it harder for them, we will follow the following rules:
- PLEASE DO TRIGGER WARNINGS before mentioning a topic that may be hard for others so they can decide if they want to be there for it.
- We are looking to avoid 'trauma dumping'. For the purpose of this group, we are looking to explore the healing and growing over discussing the actual hardships.
- Watermelon is the safe word. Say it if you feel uncomfortable.
- Check-in with yourself and others: how are you feeling before and after the conversation?
- We don't judge, we support. Always ask how you can best be there for someone instead of assuming what they need.
- Listen with empathy. Always be respectful.
WHAT TO BRING: Attendants are invited to bring a notebook/journal to write/make some art, any art supplies you may have at hand (we have some too!), and any snacks/beverages to share with the group.
Attendees must register for this event.
Registration form for attendees: HERE
Guardian Permission form for underage attendees: HERE